2009 (2007-2008 Season)
The awardees were announced at a free, open-to-the-public ceremony at Brava Theater, March 23rd, 2009.
The awardees are shown in BOLDFACE. The other nominees are also listed, in regular type.
- Sean Feit, Sol Niger, Circo Zero
- John Adams, Joyride, New Works Festival Program B, San Francisco Ballet
- Delina Brooks, Beauty, The Beast: a dance-theater production
- Dr. Anthony Brown + Fifth Stream Music, Cross Currents, Dimensions Dance Theater
- Zakir Hussain, Rasa, Alonzo King’s LINES Ballet
VISUAL DESIGN (COSTUMES/LIGHTS/SETS)
- Della Davidson, David K.H. Elliott, Ellen Bromberg, Jennifer Michelson, Dawn Sumner, Louise Kellogg, Gerald Bawden, Oliver Kreylos, Michael Neff, Collapse (suddenly falling down), Sideshow Physical Theatre
- Katie Faulkner, Benjamin Goldman, JC Earle, The Dry Line, little seismic dance company
- Alexander V. Nichols, Other Suns, Margaret Jenkins Dance Company
- Basil Twist, Dan Sweeney, Joe Goode, Wonderboy, Joe Goode Performance Group
- Allen Willner, 51802, ESP Project
- Emily Leap, Sol Niger, Circo Zero
- Maria Kochetkova as Giselle in Giselle, San Francisco Ballet
- Maria Basile, Birthing the Ascension, sjDANCEco
- Edwardo (Eddie) Madril, Sun Dagger Solstice/Gifts of Creation, Hoop Dance
- Shannon Roberts as Anita in West Side Story Suite, San Francisco Ballet
- Anne Zivolich, A Walk in the Woods, ODC Dance
- Rodney Bell, Sonsheree Giles, To Color Me Different, AXIS Dance Company, 2008 WestWave Dance Festival
- Laurel Keen, Bret Conway, Rasa, Alonzo King’s LINES Ballet
- Gianna Davy, Kevin Delaney, Vespers, Company C Contemporary Ballet
- Ceech Hsu, Dennis Infante, John Magat, Music is the Way, DS Players
- Joanna Meinl, Rachna Nivas, Anjali Nath, Rina Mehta, Dmitra Smith, Seibi Lee, Farah Yasmeen Shaikh, Shabd, Chitresh Das Dance Company
- Idan Yoav, Kevin Yee-Chan, Hlin Diego, Jeremy Kovitch, John Mercke, Katie Scherman, Passing, Zhukov Dance Theatre
- InkBOAT, C(H)ord
- AXIS Dance Company, the beauty that was mine/through the middle without stopping
- De Rompe y Raja Cultural Association, Homenaje a mis maestros, 2008 San Francisco Ethnic Dance Festival
- Joe Goode Performance Group, Wonderboy
- Alonzo King’s LINES Ballet, 25th Anniversary Home Season
- Donald Mahler, Company C Contemporary Ballet, Dark Elegies by Anthony Tudor (1937)
- Zenón Barrón, Ensambles Ballet Folklórico de San Francisco, Danza del Venado by Amalia Hernández (1959)
- Jean-Pierre Frohlich & Jenifer Ringer, San Francisco Ballet, West Side Story Suite by Jerome Robbins (1995)
- Ronn Guidi, Oakland Ballet, Afternoon of a Faun by Vaslav Nijinsky(1912)
- Jaime Martínez, The Envelope by David Parsons (1986), Company C Contemporary Ballet
- Joe Goode, the beauty that was mine/through the middle without stopping, AXIS Dance Company
- Kara Davis, one Tuesday afternoon…, 2008 WestWave Dance Festival, project agora
- Jorma Elo, Double Evil, New Works Festival Program B, San Francisco Ballet
- Rachael Lincoln & Leslie Seiters, an attic an exit, lean to productions
- Yuri Possokhov, guest choreographer, Sagalobeli, State Ballet of Georgia
SPECIAL AWARD Honorees
- New Works Festival (2008), San Francisco Ballet, Helgi Tomasson, Artistic Director
10 world premieres by 10 renowned choreographers.
- Loom, Katie Faulkner, Benjamin Goldman,
A 9-minute dance film choreographed and directed by Katie Faulkner with cinematography by Benjamin Goldman.
SUSTAINED ACHIEVEMENT Honorees
- Gary Masters, for 19 years of service to the dance community, especially in San Jose.
- Cher Delamere, for almost three decades of service augmenting and maintaining the dance archives for The Bernard Osher Foundation Art, Music, & Recreation Center, San Francisco Public Library (Main Branch).